Thursday 1 May 2014

The Idea Behind Zeros2hero



Am glad you made it here. My name is Samuel Mokum and I hail from Cross River State in Nigeria but currently based in Lagos – Nigeria. I am an internet marketer, a web designer and an investor, this blog has been created to help the Nigerian youths stay encouraged, inspired and motivated towards becoming entrepreneurs.

Idea Behind Zeros2hero

The reason behind this is just simple and clear; to help build tomorrow’s successful businessmen and women today. I aim to share the knowledge and experience I have acquired through the cause of searching for the pathway to financial, spiritual and emotional freedom. Please keep in mind that I may not be a Dangote or one of the very big names who have made it in Nigeria but I aspire to one day be the greatest in Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.
Having been born and brought up in Nigeria, it amazes me when people plan to travel abroad in search of “greener pastures”. How that is possible, I don’t know. In the words of my pastor; “You can’t be a lizard in your country and become an alligator abroad”. Nigeria is blessed with virtually everything from peace, natural resources and so on (not leaving out corruption also). This is one of the few countries where you can go to bed as a poor man and wake up as a wealthy man, you can go to bed as a tenant and wake up as a landlord. 

The reason why must people aren’t making it in Nigeria are sometimes as a result of the following;

1.      Pride: how can a whole me work as a security guard or a cleaner with all my certificates? They forget that all those certificates are as useless as a tissue paper if they can’t get you a job. Sadly these same set of people are willing to do anything from cleaning of gutters, washing of plates, you know the rest when they get abroad.

2.      Laziness: we have become so lazy these days. An average Nigerian wants become wealthy overnight, nobody wants to take time to learn how to create you even when they see the opportunities right in front of them.

3.      Lack of planning: a lot of us are guilty of these; we don’t have a plan for our lives. Very few know what they really want to become in life. Like the popular saying goes “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail”. We wake up in the morning and head out of the house with no plan to guide us all through the day, with a written down plan, you can easily tell you activity for the next day, month(s) or even year. It helps keep you focused.

4.      Relationship with God: so many of us think we can do it all on our own and why do I need God? The bible says that it is God who gives the power to get wealth; many times we think it is our hustling that will make us rich and wealthy but today I tell you it is by having a good relationship with your maker. It may seem as though it will never come but remember what the bible says in Proverbs 23:18 “the expectations of the righteous shall not be cut short”. Imagine connecting your television to a socket with no power supply, it won’t come ON because there isn’t power. So your source of connection is key to your financial, spiritual, emotional and physical freedom. In a few minutes, say this prayer: Oh! Lord, am sorry for everything I have been trying to do on my own, I surrender them all to you from today. Please take control and let your will be done in my life.

5.      Family Limitations: who said because your parents are poor, you also have to be poor? Who said you can’t be the first to build a house in your family? You can’t be the first to buy a brand new car or become the first graduate in your family? Don’t allow other people’s destiny affect yours, you are your own worst enemy and only you can limit yourself (of course God can’t limit you as long as you humble yourself because His thoughts for us are thoughts of good and not of evil).

I would like to stop with these few for now, I encourage you to stay tuned with me as we embark on this life and destiny changing journey. Feel free to share with your friends if you enjoyed this article and you can signup to my blog so you don’t miss out on anything or subscribe via email so you get all posts in your inbox. 

I remain my humble self, 

Mokum, Samuel

0 comments:

Post a Comment